It has been a long time coming, but INDEX, one of the world’s leading events for the nonwovens industry, will be presented Oct. 19-22 in Geneva, supplemented by a virtual component for those who are unable to travel.
With the aim of providing the global nonwovens industry an outstanding showcase, while also ensuring the best possible health protection and safety to a broad international audience, organizers of the INDEX event, Palexpo and EDANA, recognized the uncertainty of potential Swiss federal governmental restrictions and the unknowns of the ongoing pandemic when deciding to make this edition of INDEX a hybrid event. This decision came after INDEX had already been delayed from its original 2020 date, and then was pushed back from Sept. to Oct. 2021, as concerns about the pandemic have continued. So, as the nonwovens industry prepares to gather in Geneva, Palexpo and EDANA are offering flexibility for attendees to engage with INDEX in a live and/or virtual format.
Taking place once every three years, INDEX is an important event for the nonwovens industry, featuring the latest innovations and opportunities to connect with like-minded professionals. Organizers report the following benefits for attendees and exhibitors:
- 98% of exhibitors satisfied with the business results achieved
- 9 out of 10 visitors actively seeking new suppliers
- 7 out of 10 visitors stay for two days or more
- 70% of all attendees are senior decision-makers
INDEX will offer a full exhibition, training seminars, and market data reports for a variety of industry sectors, including Filtration, Geotextiles & Civil Engineering, Hygiene & Cleaning, Medical, Packaging and Transportation.
The INDEX Innovation Lab will serve as a central hub at the event, including:
- Exhibits demonstrating the properties of nonwovens across a range of applications
- Poster presentations on current research into nonwovens
- Seminars dedicated to nonwovens and the UN Sustainable Development Goals
- Seminars on what nonwovens can bring to the Medical, Automotive, Geotextile, Technical Textiles and Filtration sectors
Taking place once every three years, INDEX is an important event for the nonwovens industry, featuring the latest innovations and opportunities to connect with like-minded professionals.
In July of 2020, winners of the 2020 edition of EDANA’s prestigious INDEX Innovation Awards were announced. Held every three years to acknowledge “excellence in the nonwovens and related industries,” the awards ceremony was originally scheduled to take place during the INDEX 20 exhibition in April of 2020, but when the event was moved to 2021, EDANA decided to honor the seven Innovation Award winners in a virtual ceremony. The winners will be showcased in the Innovation Lab at the live event in Geneva. The winning technologies include:
- Nonwoven roll goods: Jacob Holm – Sontara Dual
- Finished or composite products made from, or incorporating, nonwovens: DuPont de Nemours – Tychem 2000 SFRRaw materials or components (e.g. fiber, binder, polymer, tape) of special relevance to the nonwovens industry and related converted products: Beaulieu Fibres International – UltraBond
- Innovation in machinery of special relevance to the nonwovens industry: GDM – Expanding Welding Wheel
- Most Original Marketing Campaign for a product made from, or incorporating nonwovens: Berry Global – J-Cloth Plus Biodegradable Communication Campaign
- Sustainable product: Ahlstrom-Munksjö – Fiber+, Green Capsule Top Lid, Compostable K-cup filter
- Sustainable process or management practice: FaterSmart – Used Absorbent Hygiene Product (AHP) Recycling Technology
- The ‘People’s Prize’: Omya International – Omyafiber 800
INDEX registration options and pricing:
• Live Event: € 100
• Virtual Event: Free of Charge
Birla Purocel – a truly sustainable viscose fiber
Birla Purocel is a nonwoven fiber brand of Birla Cellulose, which is one of the largest viscose fiber manufacturers in the world.
Visit us at INDEX: Booth #2179LEARN MORE
ELSNER Automated Solutions help customers keep up with demands, even during challenging times
From nonwoven medical disposables to canister wipes to spiral wound filters, ELSNER Automated Solutions can help to save labor, boost throughput, insulate your production from disruption and improve quality, even during the most challenging times.
Visit us at INDEX: Booth #2419LEARN MORE
A passion for solving the toughest production problems
JOA designs converting equipment and specialized technologies for many categories of disposable, absorbent hygiene, medical and specialty products. Our state-of-the-art machine platforms—backed by 24/7 global support—are recognized for speed, quality and innovation.
Visit us at INDEX: Booth #2419LEARN MORE