Posts in category

Apparel


Expanding Spandex in India

Read More

Defining Cotton Recycling At the Next Level

Read More

Lenzing Advances Circularity with Progressive Dyeing Approach

Read More

Demand for spandex-blended clothing is growing, and Indorama India is taking advantage of this opportunity.

Indorama India is Poised for Opportunity by Being Strategically Focused on “Made in India” Advantages Demand for spandex-blended clothing is growing among consumers in the last few years, due to …

128
Recycled cotton can be used to create a variety of apparel products.

Lenzing is a global leader in specialty, wood-based fibers with a mission to drive the textile value chain towards a circular economy. The transition to wood-based fiber solutions is accommodated …

213
Annabelle Hutter with textiles ready for recycling. Globally, just 15% of post-consumer textile waste is recycled with the remaining 85% often ending up in a landfill. The ambition of Säntis Textiles, alongside their partners from the textile industry, is to take steps to reverse these numbers as they believe that the recycling and upcycling manufacturing model is the only way forward, not just for our industry but for the planet as a whole. Their 100% recycled cotton is the first of its kind in the market. This recycled cotton fabric is made from pre- and post-consumer cotton, textile waste and leftovers from fabric production. They spin this waste, collected from over 100 sources in three countries, into strong staple fibers with impeccable quality. Not only is this officially verified, but also when woven together, they create the highest quality of sturdiness and durability, perfect for daily use. Photo courtesy of Santis

Since 2019, Säntis Textiles has been producing around 300-350 tons of 100% recycled cotton monthly using specially-developed RCO100 technology at the plant of its partner Kipas in Kahramanmaras, Turkey.The technology …

296
The Value Supply Chain (Source: https://www.lenzing.com/sustainability/partnerships)

Lenzing’s nature-based innovation is witnessed in both product and process as the company progressively meets the demands of the textile industry. In product, Lenzing provides specialty fibers of stringent quality …

267
The Raleigh Denim Workshop offering bespoke locally made denim jeans with machinist altering the length to fit while the customer waits. Photo courtesy Marie O’Mahony

Made in America Must Be More About Manufacturing than Marketing Politicians like nothing better than a catchy slogan: “Made in America” and “Buy American” certainly fit those criteria, but are …

182